Monday, October 19, 2009

New Times and Old Times


"Life isnt measured by the amount of breaths you take, but instead by the moments that take your breath away."


As school moves on, many kids returned home for semester break, but some of the less fortunate ones stayed here on campus. I had to stay on campus because of our football game, which we won by 40 points. With no classes on Friday, most of us had a free weekend on campus just to chill and catch up on that is so necessary sleep. It was nice to hang out with friends on campus with out all the havoc of school work. Bryden McClure and I had a little get together by Beze on Monday, which was quite the event. Many familiar faces stopped by and some new ones too. It was a great opportunity to meet some fellow students. I also had an all day Wii tournament in my room Sunday night, which again was an adventure. It felt like my whole hall was pushing into my room. One would think that these adventures here on campus might make me over look my old memories from my high school, but on the contrary it made me want to reminisce even more.

I recommend that every once in a while to keep from becoming over whelmed that you take a break from the Trinity life. Go on
Facebook and look through old pictures of friends, past crushes, and even past enemies and hope they are having a rough time. I enjoy doing this while in class, it makes me feel better about myself when I'm sitting in a boring lecture spending time writing on people's walls. Of course you can only do this when you're in a class that a computer is acceptable, but regardless don't feel afraid to get on Facebook while listening to a teacher talk. We are teenagers, multitasking is a gift and we must use it to our advantage while we can. I love me a little bit of "Facebook-ing" while in marketing.

I've also gotten into looking on
Youtube for old memories of my high school times. Just recently one of my friends reminded me of a pillow fight we help on campus during high school. During my marketing class, I simply closed my notes and opened up Firefox. Searched for the pillow fight on facebook and it almost made me cry right there. As soon as class let out, I texted an old peer and reminded him of the video, which made him laugh.

Between
Facebook and Youtube I might not pass all my classes. I do know that I will be able to keep in touch with my friends thou. I do know that with Youtube, I wont forget the pillow fight and will be able to talk to my friends about it for as long as necessary.



HERE IS THE LINK IF YOU ARE INTERESTED...
H-W PILLOW FIGHT (part 1)

No comments:

Post a Comment